In order to make your lives as easy as possible throughout the entire project, we have outlined a brief procedure and timeline guide to make sure you are aware and comfortable with the process.
Throughout the project from start to finish we will make sure we communicate with you, as frequently and thoroughly as you desire, to make sure that all aspects are progressing accordingly. You will have the capacity to communicate with any person appropriate to your enquiry, such as the supervisor of your allocated loft conversion team, the contracts manager in charge of quality control and also any office staff available to you. Therefore, if any problems occur throughout the project, you’re able to get in contact with someone on the team to help resolve the matter immediately.
Please rest assured that you will still be able to live in your home throughout the entire conversion process and whilst building work is taking place.
- Discussions will take place with yourself and the design team to determine all requirements for your loft conversion. This will involve discussing your own ideas, as well as the opinions of the professional team in order to plan your perfect loft conversion. You will also be able to view our gallery of past loft conversions in order to gain any further inspiration or ideas. Additionally, you can speak with previous customers in order to ask any questions or gain advice before any work commences on your home.
- After all specifications have been decided and met, an order form will then have to be completed by both you and Absolute Lofts. Once this has been completed, the next step is to place a deposit so that all further work can begin.
- Our team of architects will then visit your home and survey the designated areas for work and draw up the plans for the loft co/nversion. This may take up to two weeks. After the drawings are completed, they will be sent to you for review and if you are happy to approve, we can then submit them to your local council on your behalf for planning if required, and then building regulations. When the plans are approved by the council we are then ready to begin working.
- Party Wall Awards: We can supply documentation for you to issue to your adjoining neighbours. For more detailed information regarding Party Wall Awards, please click here. Please be aware that work cannot commence until all Party Wall Awards are in place.
- For the actual build you should allow 8-12 weeks, but depending on what sort of conversion you are having, the project could be completed much sooner. The contracts manager will visit the site on a weekly basis to check on progress and to ensure everything is being completed to the usual high standard.
- The manager will do one final check on your conversion before we arrange for the council or a certified private contractor to assess your new loft and give you a completion certificate, as well as a Part P certificate to show that your loft conversion meets all the current electrical regulations.
- You are now free to enjoy your luxurious new loft conversion and living space!